A low cost and disgustingly good time
I know a few of our churches do an annual disgusting messy event. When I served on the west coast it was called Messy Night and I know a church on the east coast that calls it Dress for the Mess. Whatever you call it, it sure is a once a year event.
For me, I use it to meet new kids, to have fun and to simply say that often life is messy and that God doesn’t call us to run from the mess but that He has a plan through it…
With all that said, below is a link to a list of games I gathered from many of our peers and from a few other websites. Feel free to claim them as your own.
So how does this event work?
I start by making 5 teams of equal size to which students are a part of for team events. The overall competition is an individual competition.
- Record Scores on white board after each event
- You will get a score if you participate
- Team events count for your individual score
- Each event is optional though if a team event, try to be a part of a team
- After every event I’ll give you a moment to update your score and to clean up a bit
- Bathrooms and the walk way
- Respect the person with the garden hose
- Use common sense and respect your peers